GPN have worked with fab designer Liz Dalgleish to come up with four posters calling out the perilous position of the critically endangered Spiny Rice-flower (Pimelea spinescens) in Hobsons Bay. We love HB’s grasslands, but half of them are completely unprotected, lacking Environmental Significance Overlays and vulnerable to development at any moment. Council has no clear plan for how to bring them into the public estate as yet. You can help by printing out the posters and putting them up in your local cafe, food store, school, workplace, whatever! Let’s encourage HB to get a city-wide strategy together to protect the magnificent grasslands of Hobsons Bay. You can find the posters here!
- Ag Minster writes to Ajax Road Grassland owner to manage noxious weeds
- VCAT win for Ajax Road Grassland
- Kororoit Regional Park: A jewel in the grassland crown or broken from mismanagement?
- Development Victoria pushes for grassland clearing at Cairnlea
- Geelong Strategic Assessment risks fast-tracking environmental loss