The proposed airport rail link will bridge the Maribyrnong River and run adjacent to Solomon Heights Grassland. The grassland is a biodiversity hotspot home to critically endangered Spiny Rice-flower, Golden Sun Moth, Striped Legless Lizard and Growling Grass Frog. The proposed airport rail must minimise all impacts to this area. State and Brimbank must take this opportunity to work together to ensure the creation of a grassland reserve and riverside biodiversity corridor to preserve this large, important and high-quality patch of remnant native vegetation. Have your say on the rail. Find out more about Solomon Heights Grassland.
- Update: Asbestos found in dumped fill that destroyed Conservation Area 9
- Ag Minster writes to Ajax Road Grassland owner to manage noxious weeds
- VCAT win for Ajax Road Grassland
- Kororoit Regional Park: A jewel in the grassland crown or broken from mismanagement?
- Development Victoria pushes for grassland clearing at Cairnlea