GPN Facilitator Adrian Marshall recently gave a talk to Friends of Steele Creek. Tickets went fast and the discussion following his presentation was brisk. The talk ranged across the Western Grassland Reserves, the urban growth corridors as well as grasslands in the more established urban areas, and it covered how we can work together to protect and restore our grasslands, engage community, show care, and move towards an aspirational vision for what out grasslands could be for our identity and the ways Melbourne’s grasslands are collectively managed. Numerous people asked what we can do, and the audience responded with a broad set of suggestions that GPN will add to the resources page of their website. You can download the presentation here. You can watch the presentation here.
- Update: Asbestos found in dumped fill that destroyed Conservation Area 9
- Ag Minster writes to Ajax Road Grassland owner to manage noxious weeds
- VCAT win for Ajax Road Grassland
- Kororoit Regional Park: A jewel in the grassland crown or broken from mismanagement?
- Development Victoria pushes for grassland clearing at Cairnlea